Lexar has released an enormous capacity SDXC memory card – 1 terabyte. This is the first 1 TB SDXC card available on the market.
SanDisk Corporation was the first to announce the release of a 1TB SDXC generation flash memory card as early as 2016 at Photokina. But she never entered the market. The new Lexar card went on sale yesterday, reports PetaPixel.
The manufacturer writes that among the key benefits of a Lexar Professional 1TB 633X SDXC UHS-I memory card:
- Uses Class 10 UHS-I (U3, V30) technology for reading at speeds up to 95 megabytes per second;
- Record high-quality video in 1080p Full HD, 3D and 4K;
- longer shooting without the need to replace the card;
- high-speed transfer of files from the card to the computer to significantly speed up the workflow.
- Lexar has released the first memory card with a capacity of 1 TB 2
“Almost fifteen years ago, Lexar announced a 1 GB SD card. Today, we are pleased to announce the release of a 1 TB card for storage in the same convenient form factor, ”said Joey Lopez, senior marketing manager for Lexar.
“As consumers have maintained the same demand for flash cards with a large amount of memory for cameras, the combination of high-speed performance with a capacity of 1 TB will be a solution for content creators who shoot high-resolution photos and 4K video in large numbers.”
The new Lexar 1 TB SDXC card went on sale at a retail price of 500 US dollars.